Bicycle Accident Attorneys
As with pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents can be very dangerous, even fatal for the bicyclist victim. Bicycle accidents can happen to even the safest of drivers and riders alike. Even in areas where bicycles are riding in marked bicycle lanes or riders are clearly visible with safety lights and gear, can a bicycle accident occur.
Some examples of common types of bicycle accidents:
- An automobile driver turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- An automobile driver turning into street traffic from a driveway or parking lot and turning directly in front of a bicyclist
- An automobile driver failing to yield at an intersection, failing to stop at a stop sign or running through a red light
- An automobile driver's failure to recognize or acknowledge the presence of a bicyclist
- An automobile driver's failure to look both ways before continuing travel after a stop or yield sign
- An automobile driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
As bicycle traffic increases, many more areas are constructing special bike lanes for bicyclists, but this still does not guarantee any safety to the bicyclist against automobile drivers. It also does not guarantee that a bicyclist will be more visible to an automobile driver.
When it comes to bicycle accidents, the injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruising to fatal injuries.
The setting of the accident, the speed of the vehicle, speed of the bicyclist, the amount of safety gear worn by the bicyclist, among many other factors can all determine the severity of injuries sustained by a bicyclist in a bicycle injury.
Bicycle accident injuries can include:
- Minor scrapes and bruising
- Fractured or broken bones
- Head injury/ Brain injury (some resulting in coma, either temporary or permanent)
- Spinal cord injury/ Spinal injuries (some resulting in temporary or permanent paralysis)
- Internal injuries/ Injuries to internal organs/ Internal bleeding
- Damage to limbs resulting in amputation
- Injuries from mangled or broken bicycle parts
- Injuries from defective bicycles
- Among many others the possibilities are endless.
With serious injuries, comes serious loss of money. Medical bills, insurance premiums and loss of work can really hit hard on most people's way of life. Some injuries that are sustained from bicycle accidents are permanent and require life time care. Some accident victims will never return to work or to their previous way of life.
Many factors can come into play in a bicycle accident. The laws surrounding bicycle accidents are complicated and may vary depending on the situation and type of roadway.
If you were injured, or a loved one has suffered a wrongful death due to a bicycle accident, the Florida accident attorneys at the law offices of K.L. Foote are here to help. Contact our offices to schedule a free consultation regarding your claim.
Contact one of our Florida Bicycle Accident
Attorneys for a FREE consultation.