Auto Accident Attorney
Florida injury lawyers focusing on Automobile accidents for injured victims throughout Florida including the Tampa and the Gulf Coast areas.
Millions of Americans are injured or killed in motor vehicle accidents every year. Even more tragic is the fact that the majority of accidents involving cars, trucks and SUVs could have been prevented if proper driver safety was applied. An automobile accident can cut your life short or steal away someone you love. In a blink of an eye, it can completely alter your life and impair your physical and mental health.
There are many reasons why people get into car accidents. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics show that:
- Of reported accidents, 98 percent involve one single distracted driver.
- The number-one driver distraction is "rubbernecking" (that is, looking at something else on the road like a breakdown or, ironically, another accident).
- Other distracted-driver activities include admiring the scenery, looking for roadsigns or landmarks, fiddling with the radio or music player, tending to children, interacting with passengers, and using a cell phone.
- Increased cell phone usage while driving is suspected as the culprit in more and more traffic accidents, as reflected in some state laws restricting cell phone use while driving. More studies need to be conducted to determine the true impact.
If you have been in an auto accident, contact the K.L. Foote Law Offices immediately. After an accident, there are so many things to think about, and getting the money you need from the insurance companies can be a difficult job. Hiring an experienced auto accident attorney can save you months of stress and help you cut through the red tape to get the money you deserve.
One of the first things you should do following a car accident is to seek medical attention, because you may have injuries of which you're unaware. If you are examined by a doctor, make sure you are specific in explaining how the automobile accident happened and any and all injuries and problems you sustained as a result. Other tips to keep in mind if you are in an accident:
If you leave the scene of the car accident, that would be considered a hit and run, and might be a felony.
- Call for help. If someone is injured, call 911. If not, call the police.
- Call your insurer. As soon as you are able, call and file an accident report. You should also notify the other driver's insurer of the accident.
- Don't sign anything. Do not talk to any insurance adjusters, either.
- Gather information. Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of everyone at the scene, especially witnesses.
- Go see your doctor.
Auto accidents often cause devastating injuries such as neck and back injuries, head and brain injuries, broken bones, or spinal cord injuries. Determining the party or parties responsible for negligence in an automobile accident can be difficult. At K.L. Foote, our strategic legal team will work diligently to uncover the intricate details of your auto accident. We utilize a crew of car accident investigators and experts that will help you prove the accident occurred as a result of another driver's negligence.
We understand the tremendous physical, mental, emotional, and financial toll an automobile accident can have on you and your family. You may be entitled to receive compensation for medical treatment and therapy, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering and other damages depending on your situation.
The laws of Florida help protect the victims who have suffered injuries in an automobile accident that are caused by the negligent or wrongful behavior of other drivers. Victims can receive compensation from an individual and his or her insurance company for financial and other losses sustained during the collision. It is important, however, for victims to retain the services of Florida civil attorney experienced in personal injury law because the insurance companies consistently attempt to settle claims for less than a sufficient amount.
The Law Offices of K.L. Foote have represented hundreds of Florida accident victims, and we know what it takes to make insurance companies pay. Contact us for a free consultation. We will come to your home, office or hospital.
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, you need the expert legal guidance of K.L. Foote.
Contact one of our Florida Auto Accident Attorneys
for a FREE consultation.